Sunday, June 6, 2010

Viceversa - Self-titled (2010)




A few months ago, back in December 2009 to be exact, I was introduced to this band. Back then they had only one song recorded, so I was asked to share a thought or two about their work. I remember that I was very impressed since they imbued the one song with an array of interesting elements, such as clapping, insanely good splash drums (which I love quite much I must admit), great guitar playing and also a lot of excellent pack screaming. Chaos and positive insanity insured!
Well, to be honest, not much changed from then, other than the fact that "Viceversa" has a self-titled release with 4 new and the one already mentioned song. All of the said qualities still remain and have gotten better in my opinion, in terms of song structure, composition and writing. A lot of people usually ask me for similar artists (or possible influences) of a reviewed band. As far as "Viceversa" goes on that subject, while they definitely keep a specific touch that can be contributed solely to them, I'd compare them to "Noisy Sins of the Insect" and at certain times to "Fuck, Wolves!", both being quite excellent bands in the genre to drain influence from.
All in all, I highly recommend this band. Aside of the obvious quality, add an extra quantity of support since they come from Denmark, a country which doesn't have a high number of screamo bands, so let's not let this be a wasted potential. You can get in touch with them on their myspaz page here (viseversaftw, pure win) or you can contact one member of the band via his blog Noble Birth, which is also my partner blog. Also, next to the band activity the guys run a small diy label named 6000 DIY. Hands full of business , they do their homework very good. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment