Saturday, October 16, 2010

Vestiges - The Descent of Man (2010)



Ok, this post has been provided by my extremely urgent and abnormal wish to share this masterpiece. I was introduced to this band yesterday by my friend, moments after the previous post was done, saying that I should take a listen to Vestiges "who sound very much like Fall of Efrafa". Needless to say, I have been entranced since yesterday with this band. Combined elements of crust, screamo, black metal, hardcore and postrock, this project is a behemoth just waiting to be unleashed in the form of a 40 minute monster crashing down and choking you. Heart-stopping, atmospheric tunes, backed by inspiring and breathtaking lyrics...just perfect. This here is what FoE should have evolved into after their first release.
This is complete nonsense that I have piled up and wrote, just random words due to the fact that they absolutely stunned me beyond words. I have asked them are they willing to do an interview, since writing a plain writeup is just not good enough for such a release. Despite waiting for their answer I just couldn't sit in place and not share this. I urge everyone, even those who don't like crust or black metal or postrock, I urge you to check this band out. The band itself offers this download from their site found here. Please, just take a listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment