Tuesday, November 2, 2010

(aura) - Invisible Landscape (2010)



Time for something fresh, new and overall unique (for both the blog and the world). I will try to keep this quite a short review, since this project is quite vast in both musical and conceptual terms and there would be now way for me to analyze it in just one post, so criticism and philosophy down to a minimum. As several times before, lack of words won't mean lack of quality, but quite the contrary.
Let's stay technical and begin with the standard approach. (aura) hails from Portugal, a solo music project of composer Andre Fernandes fusing a vast number of genres from ambient to classical, post rock and electronica, so it is free to say and classify this music as experimental. It would be very hard to describe the tunes present of "Invisible Landscape" since you can find anything dwelling inside. Overall the melodies are calm and gentle, though with a touch of several beats which remind me of industrial. The very tunes are almost picturesque and it is with a reason. The whole concept behind this project is focused on being an imaginary soundtrack for ten photographs done by Jose Ramos, a photographer from Portugal. The pictures are available at Last.Fm and listening to the music while looking at them everything is really circled into a whole.
To be honest, this 40 minute release wouldn't caught my attention generally, but it struck me in good timing. These last few weeks have been tiring for me because of my job (now jobS) and playing this really relaxes you and sets you into a specific mood. This definitely isn't everyday music (at least not for me), but when the time is right it really hits the spot. Excellent and interesting project, electronic music with a touch of nature which gives you an unexpected dose of emotion along the way. Very ambitious and completely worth your time.
Thanks to Shark Skirl for sending me the link. My Mediafire account is bugged today, I couldn't upload the album correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment