Friday, November 12, 2010

Ogni Giorno - Ogni Giorno EP (2010)



A short writeup is going to be posted today, since I'm put down by some bad health. That and the fact that this band has been flowing through blogs these days, so some of you probably know about it already. I was asked by Amedeo from Ogni Giorno to post this here and I'm really proud to do so, since this is some pretty rad stuff. The funny thing is that me and Amedeo are "friends" on Last.fm for quite a lot of time and I had no idea that he was involved in such an amazing band.

Ogni Giorno are a quintet from Italy and that is pretty much all of the information I know about them. "Everyday" or "Daily" (as this band's name suggests when translated from Italian) brings us some very interesting screamo tunes inspired by their native, but legendary, bands such as La Quiete and Raein. The chaotic song parts really flung me back in the days when I first discovered these two bands with everything from rending guitars to pack screaming. Luckily, this band isn't all about being under influence from other projects, they add an extra something making this quite unique. The perfect example for this is the second song called "Martedi", a six minute wonder. After a long, gentle and distortion filled intro, ensue the said chaotic periods which are splashed with numerous cuts of slow tunes. These cut portions are either extremely gentle and almost like background music, but at times the slowing of the pace is present to further expand the melody and show the listener what is lying below all the chaos. I really liked the oasis feeling in the chaos, they show you quite well a sort of multi-layered song structure. "Monday", "Tuesday" and "Wednesday" (the translated song names) are really rich in such content and I was really impressed by the way they write songs, as well as with the translated meaning of the tracks. At the moment I am lazy to translate the whole songs, but I am definitely interested in what they are singing about. Lucky for me I have some family in Italy so they can translate without the use of Google translator, yar yar ;)
Aside of the song structure and way of writing, the realization is at a really top level. Production is great, but could be a bit better since at times I can't get a good reach on the bass for instance, so we will contribute that to equipment or something. With that little tidbit aside, everything is superb. The melodies are really driving and I was very attracted by the vocal performance. Whoever knows my taste in tunes, knows how much I have a soft spot for multiple vocals and this is really heaven for me. Pack screaming is almost constant and it very well contributes to the overall chaos.
Overall, the twelve minutes of music which are featured on this EP are insanely good and give you a hell of a ride. The songs are fast and charged with passion and emotion, they spin you so fast that it is time for a replay already. Ogni Giorno recently finished a tour over Europe and they were actually pretty close to me (in Croatia), so it really bums me out that I haven't had a chance to listen to them live. Hopefully they come here as well, a friend told me they were amazing live, it would be a pity not to see that! You can contact them on myspace here, so get in touch and give praise, this is a band for which I predict a bright future!

No comments:

Post a Comment