Friday, January 28, 2011

Punishment Due - Demo (2010)



Every post I'm getting closer and closer to post on time submissions, just can't wait until I start posting immediately once something new comes in. I always feel bad when I post a band and realize that they sent me their stuff a month ago. I suppose interviews and other music related stuff is to blame for that.

Christian, the guitar player in "Punishment Due" sent me their stuff in late December, not long after they actually released this demo. The band hails from Long Island, New York, still pretty young, with this being their first recorded material.
I won't be talking very much about this band, since to be honest this isn't really my cup of tea. I indeed have a rather large batch of hardcore on the blog, but for some reason this didn't attract me that much. There is a certain dose of metal on this demo, with quite specific guitar playing and also this isn't the fast, exploding hardcore I'm more used to, this is more mid tempo stuff. One could say that this band took a turn on more classic hardcore, but sadly that doesn't cut it for me.
Needless to say, despite the fact that I personally don't enjoy this project, I didn't want to ignore these guys, since I'm sure that some of you will definitely appreciate this band more than me. The four songs on this demo are superbly recorded and have a very clear sound and the actual skill with which they play their music is very professional. So, try to ignore the paragraph above this one and give this band a try! You can get in touch with them on their bandcamp page here.

No comments:

Post a Comment