Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Moths are not what they seem

I planned to do some more reviews until September comes to an end, which I will do in fact, but probably less then I expected. This post is just here to clarify why, since I just wanted you all to know that I'm not sitting at home with crossed arms, but working for the blog in full gear!
So, as I said, yesterday and today were supposed to be dedicated to writing a review, but good friend Luka struck me once again with a fine batch of bands interested in doing an interview for "Natures With No Plagues". Thus, questions were produced massively and in the end two were sent, while one is still being written. The amazing black metal/shoegaze/call it how you wish quintet "Deafheaven" already received their questions, as did the the well known hc/crust band "Masakari". At the moment, the interview getting its final touches is for "Homunculi", up and coming post rock/black metal project from Brazil. We also spoke to two more bands, though we are yet to begin writing for them, one being the crust/sludge/doom from Sweden "Agrimonia" and while the other is "Nux Vomica", a band already featured on this blog in a gig review.
On top of all that, I am still waiting for answers from "Owls Are Not What They Seem" and "Gattaca", about whom you can read in my Fluff Fest reports, as well as from "Panopticon" and "Thou". These latter two I doubt will ever see the light of day on this blog, because several months have passed since the questions were sent. But hey it is quite understandable, due to the fact that Austin is a busy family man and "Thou" pumps out new releases like crazy, I think those guys don't sleep! I was really looking forward to those, but there is much more to be done anyway and who knows, maybe one day.
Also, there will be (hopefully) a lot of gig reports in October. As you can see on my Last.fm page in the events list, I am gonna try and attend a fine number of shows, some of which are beyond the borders of Serbia and it should be a pretty interesting month. I am reluctant to write about the names which I will see live, since I am becoming really superstitious, because every time I post too early that I will go to a gig I end up not going. Yes, I am that crazy.
So there you have it, some of the plans in a nutshell. Tomorrow or the day after I will write a release review and hopefully Friday is going to see one as well. Until then, stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Dude. Dont forget to enjoy your life. Sounds like you'll have a burnout in the next few years. Dont wanna worry about you too soon! :D

    xoxo,
    Stephan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, don't worry mate, these kinds of potential "burnouts" are spicing up life and making it interesting! :D Enjoyment all the way!

    ReplyDelete