Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Barrow - Demo (2010)



There is no greater joy than stumbling upon a band as amazing as this one. Luckily for me, I was thrown into the clutches of their tunes by Travis, a very friendly guitar player/vocalist of the band who contacted me about posting their two song demo here. I for one have been quite uneventful as far as discovering new bands goes, so in moments when someone else throws such an exciting band, the musical enjoyment is perhaps tripled by the sheer amazement that such a spectacular band was brewing in a basement or studio somewhere and you had no idea about it. Damn long sentence...
Anyway, as I said, what we have here is a demo composed of two songs. The moment you play the first song you are faced with a slow/mid tempo buildup which after 20 seconds leads to instrumental explosion followed by outstanding dual screams, after which the song shifts between mid and fast tempo, creating a wave riding feeling. Yes, they throw quite a punch and leave you stunned. Although the whole band sounds excellent, I must pull aside the vocals and bass. These two elements are magnificent! I was quite impressed with the bass playing, it grants the songs a deep behemoth sound in certain spots.
All in all, this is one interesting project. Hopefully they will continue playing and grant more material for our speakers and headphones. Thanks to Travis for sending me this! Check these lads out, it is worth your time. Greensboro, North Carolina you should be proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment