Thursday, June 24, 2010

Alenah - Sotiga Liljor i Seine (2010)




Alenah has been sitting in the shoutbox a long time now, but due to me being blind at times this post comes a bit late. I hate when it seems like I turned my back from a band that asked for help, especially when a band is actually quite good.
This is gonna be a short writeup, since this band vocally expresses their music in Swedish. I am a serious cat and pay much attention to lyrics, so it's generally hard to grasp the point of the music when you don't understand it. And let's be honest, my Swedish ain't good. Nevertheless, these young lads manage to give you a massive amount of enjoyment. The five piece brings us five songs in this ep, throwing at us aggressive, fast paced modern hardcore mixed up with d-beat and recognizable Convergeish chaotic melodies. I really have to pick out the song Vindspel from the other four, the song immediately caught my attention with it's unique melody and fastness, as well as the excellent vocal, basically I realized how great it is through this song.
Overall this is quite an interesting band if you are into the said mix of genres. I really liked Alenah's tunes, but it's always a problem when a band uses its native language for the lyrics, it takes away one whole aspect of the general feel. But putting that aside, members of Alenah are all very talented and should get attention for making such great tunes. The know how to compose interesting songs, avoiding the common repetitive sound the majority of bands in said genres have. Check them out, worth your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment