Saturday, June 4, 2011

Utter silence is fragile...

...so it is time to break it!
I've been away from the blog and everything else for that matter due to a job I was completely consumed with. Luckily, it is done and although I'm very proud of myself for completing it, I simply couldn't wait for it to get done since it was a real killer. In any case, I'm free now and finally it is time to focus on the project I love the most, since I really neglected it in the past months.

So let me just give a little preview of what will be coming in the future. First of all, many thanks to all bands who have sent their submissions and continue to do so! It really means a lot to me that people are interested in seeing their projects here. I'm sorry for me delaying so many reviews and I will certainly get to every band that has sent me any piece of material. Most projects you already know by now, but they are all great and I really have a wish to share my thoughts about them on the blog.

Aside of regular band promotion, it seems that the blog will see a lot of gig reviews in the future. I have a lot of shows which I will try to attend and if all goes well there will be much to write about. First comes a two day trip to Croatia for a "The Black Dahlia Murder" show, followed by "Raein" the next day. I know that "TBDM" isn't really NWNP material, but they are quite loved by yours truly and I'm really expecting a great show so most likely I'll be writing some words for it. Similarly, I'll be seeing "Parkway Drive" on the "EXIT" festival, so you can expect that as well. And of course, most importantly I will try to visit "Fluff fest" which has a completely mind blowing program this year. I'd also like to do some live interviews there, but since I'm a shy little man don't get your hopes up too much.

Speaking of interviews, when I finish writing this pointless post, I'm going to write questions for an interview with the amazing "Panopticon". I always forget how great that project is and it is thanks to Luka's initiative that this interview will be done. We also sent an e-mail to "Deafheaven", but we are still waiting for a reply from the band. The "Thou" interview I really don't know what to think about...maybe it is best to forget it, so if it does come up it will be a real surprise. In any case, "Panopticon" is the only certain interview coming up, but I will probably think of some more along the way.

Those are some plans in a nutshell and hopefully I have tickled your interest a bit. I'll take a few days to get my shit straight (GET REST) and then I'm ready to kick this off as it should be done! 

No comments:

Post a Comment