Monday, September 30, 2019

Little Mountains We Move...

...or how elated I am about seeing the blog alive again! This post is here just to give you a brief end/start-of-the-month update on what is coming up, since there are some additions to the blog that I'm excited about.

The first thing I definitely feel the need to talk about are the physical submissions which I have received way back from when the blog was fully active in 2011/2012. As mentioned in the introduction of the "Enemies" review, I've already went ahead and sorted out the box of submissions. Most of those have been completed and posted, yet some still remain untouched. I know it has been years since these were sent to me, but I feel fully committed to reviewing all of that material. Sadly, the majority of those bands/projects have disbanded, but I would like to honor their trust in me, even if it was from back then and even if none of those people might care about it anymore. Somehow it's the least I can do.
Another point worth mentioning are all the unanswered e-mails that are in the NWNP inbox. It contains literally hundreds of unread messages, all from bands wanting to be covered here. I have already started to slowly reply to some of those, some I am getting replies to and some are, again sadly, not active projects anymore and nobody seems to monitor those addresses or might not care to respond. Whatever the case, if a reply comes back to me, I will surely do reviews, but it's just a matter of getting confirmation that they are still interested and me having overall approval to host their material.
One of the things that got me super excited when I wrote the comeback post was the inclusion of other music genres (aka whatever the hell music I enjoy) on here. This gave birth to an idea of how to actually go and cover those projects. I'll include a new kind of post tag called "Showcase" where I will write a potentially long article about a specific artist and their full discography, somehow trying to deconstruct and analyze their music. This kind of post will especially be tied to an idea to also do interviews with said artists, so a showcase would be a sort of prelude to an actual interview. I actually have a confirmed interview and I want to do a showcase for it, both scheduled to be up in the upcoming month. The artist in question was mentioned previously on the blog on one occasion, but was never fully covered. I'm both excited and afraid of writing such a deep, analytical text, but I hope it will be something that I'll manage to pull off, so we'll see how this pans out.
I had some more updates that I wanted to share with you, but realized along the way that there's no way I'll manage to cram all of those into October. For now, these points are enough and they are a good road for me to focus on. I have a ton of ideas at present, but I don't want to make promises I can't keep. It is slow progress, but eventually it will be in full swing again and so far I'm happy how everything is shaping up. This is also in part thanks to a steady influx of readers which is an enormous motivational force for me. Thank you for the continued interest, it is good to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment